Tradition, Quality, Innovation
In 1878, at a time when Suhl was home to a range of famous firms specializing in precision mechanics, today's Feinmess Suhl GmbH was known as Friedrich Keilpart & Co. Situated in a small workshop with just three journeyman workers, production was limited to simple slide calipers, rulers, and levels. Ten years later, small dial indicators were added to its product range.
After a period of operation under the USSR's industrial association, where measuring tool production continued, ownership of the Suhl precision measurement factory was nationalized as public property in 1952, thus becoming independent of Soviet auspices. In 1970, as part of the VEB Carl Zeiss Jena association, our facilities were extended and product range expanded. It was during this period that electronics were introduced into the production and development of length measurement instruments, making the production of inductive measuring probes with a resolution of 0.001 µm possible. As a direct result, in 1985, automatic measuring and assembly machines and specialized measurement devices were added to our range.
Since 1992 Feinmess Suhl GmbH is, next to Steinmeyer Mechatronik GmbH (Dresden) and August Steinmeyer GmbH & Co.KG (Albstadt), part of the "Steinmeyer Group".
In 2010, Feinmess Suhl moved into its new facilities, acquired two years previously, in the Suhl Friedberg industrial zone. The spacious production area, offering over 30,000 square feet of usable space, and the improved highway access this location offered were the determining factors in the decision to relocate. Since then, Feinmess Suhl GmbH has maintained its corporate headquarters and production facilities with roughly 120 employees in the Friedberg district of Suhl - an address from which we continue to provide for the needs of the global market.